Notice: to best facilitate the ballot initiative deadline for the General Election, the City of North Las Vegas has extended the City Clerk's office hours on Friday, July 1, 2022 and will be open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS - GENERAL INFORMATION:
City General Election Information:
Mayor and Council members are elected to four-year terms and municipal judges are elected to six-year terms. Council members have overlapping terms with only two Council seats up for election at each municipal election. The Mayor seat is up for election at one of those elections.
The City of North Las Vegas is a Charter City and according to its Charter and Municipal Code elections are held every two years.
The City's next municipal elections will be held as follows:
- June/November 2022:
- Mayor: 4 year term, 12/1/22 - 11/30/26
- Municipal Judge, Department 1: 2 year term, 12/1/22 - 11/30/24
- Municipal Judge, Department 2: 6 year term, 12/1/22 - 11/30/28
- Council member, Ward 1: 4 year term, 12/1/22 - 11/30/26
- Council member, Ward 3: 4 year term, 12/1/22 - 11/30/26
- Municipal Judge candidate filing dates: March 7, 2022 through March 18, 2022
- Mayor and Council Member candidate filing dates: March 7, 2022 thru March 18, 2022
- Primary elections are held on the second Tuesday in June in even-numbered years preceding the general municipal election.
- General elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November in even-numbered years.
Candidates may apply to post signs within the City of North Las Vegas by completing and submitting the sign permit form below along with the associated fee. No signs shall be posted prior to approval of a sign permit. There is no limitation on the number of days before an election when signs may be legally erected, but signs must be removed 15 days after the election. The only exception to the 15 day requirement for removal of signs is for candidates that move forward from a primary election to the general election, this is normally the top two vote getters for each ward/mayor/judge seat on the ballot.
Jackie Rodgers, City Clerk
2250 Las Vegas Boulevard North, Suite 800
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89030
(702) 633-1030 Office
(702) 649-3846 Fax
Normal business hours:
- Monday through Thursday - 8:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Candidate filing dates and times:
- Monday, March 7, 2022 through Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 8:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- Monday, March 14, 2022 through Thursday, March 17, 2022 - 8:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- Friday, March 18, 2022 - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Information regarding campaign practices can be obtained from the Nevada Secretary of State’s Office at (775) 684-5705.
- Information regarding Registered Voter Statistics, Polling Place Locations and the need for Additional Absentee Ballot Request Forms (Political Parties/Special Interest Groups) can be obtained from the Clark County Election Department at (702) 455-VOTE or (702) 455-8683.
- Information regarding Voter Registration Applications and Absentee Ballot Request Forms can be obtained from the North Las Vegas City Clerk’s Office at (702) 633-1030 or the Clark County Election Department at (702) 455-VOTE or (702) 455-8683.
- Political Parties and Political Action Committees are required to file a Candidate Contributions and Expenses Report electronically with the Secretary of State's Office. For additional information please contact the Nevada Secretary of State’s office at (775) 684-5705.
- Questions regarding Sign requirements and Violations can be addressed to the City of North Las Vegas Code Enforcement Division at (702) 633-1677.
Department of Defense;
|Click here for League of Women Voters of Las Vegas